1 Kalpa, the unit of time in Vedic astrology, is divided into 14 Manvantara. One Kalpa equals to 4.32 billion solar years. One Tithi is fixed for each Manvantara and known as Manvadi Tithi(s). Manvadi Tithi(s) are considered significant for doing Shradh rituals for departed souls.
Following Tithi(s) are marked as Manvadi in Hindu Calendar. Each Manvadi Tithi has been named based on the ruling saint of Manvantara.
1. Chaitra, Shukla Tritiya - Swayambhuva Manvadi
2. Chaitra, Shukla Purnima - Swarochisha Manvadi
3. Kartika, Shukla Purnima - Uttama Manvadi
4. Kartika, Shukla Dwadashi - Tamasa Manvadi
5. Ashadha, Shukla Dashami - Raivata Manvadi
6. Ashadha, Shukla Purnima - Chakshusha Manvadi
7. Jyeshtha, Shukla Purnima - Vaivaswata Manvadi
8. Phalguna, Shukla Purnima - Savarni Manvadi
9. Ashwina, Shukla Navami - Daksha Savarni Manvadi
10. Magha, Shukla Saptami - Brahma Savarni Manvadi
11. Pausha, Shukla Ekadashi - Dharma Savarni Manvadi
12. Bhadrapada, Shukla Tritiya - Rudra Savarni Manvadi
13. Shravana, Krishna Amavasya - Daiva Savarni Manvadi
14. Shravana, Krishna Ashtami - Indra Savarni Manvadi
All above Manvadi Tithis should be avoided in Upanayana, starting education, marriage, construction, entering into a house and journey. These Tithis are considered good for taking holy dip in rivers, Havana, giving donations, performing Shradh and other religious activities.
Category: Hindu holidays
Place, please link to this page on your web site:
Embed this code on your site or blog:
Embed this code to forum (BBCode):
Direct link to this post:
On the site Feast-guide.com you can find information about you are interested in religious, public holidays, festivals and memorable dates. Everything is sorted by category for your convenience.